The Polk County Health Department and Des Moines University will host Jumpstart, a free back-to-school health fair on Saturday, July 26, 2014 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. at East High School, 815 East 13th St. Families with students in grades K-12 who do not have adequate health insurance or access to health care are encouraged to take advantage of free physicals, dental screenings and immunizations. Interpretation services will be available for non-English speakers.
Health care professionals and Des Moines University students will conduct:
· Physicals – required for children entering kindergarten, seventh grade and students playing sports.
· Vision screenings
· Immunizations – required for all students; ALL seventh graders need the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) booster before entering school in the fall.
· Dental screenings – required for children enter kindergarten and ninth grade.
· Lead poisoning tests
· Behavioral health screenings
· Health and dental insurance application
For more information regarding Jumpstart, please visit http://www.dmu.edu/event/jumpstart-school-physicals/.