Some of our Favorite Early Spring Blooming Plants
- Cornelian Cherry Dogwood (Cornus mas)
- Vernal Witchhazel (Hamamelis vernalis)
- Siberian Squill (Scilla sibierica)
- Danford Iris (Iris danfordiae)
- Pasque flower (Pulsatilla patens)
- Prairie smoke (Geum triflorum)
Gardening for Butterflies and Other Welcomed Insects
Who are these welcomed insects?
Butterflies and moths (of course)
Bees (honey, bumble, mason, and others)
Dragonflies and Damselflies
Pest Predators (Praying Mantis, Beetles, Lady Bugs & Other Beetles)
How do you welcome them?
Water source – (remember puddles not ponds)
Create plant corridors
Get the neighbors involved
Change some gardening practices
Reduce clean up in fall
What is Baby Corn? Washington State
Jim has grown the BONUS Variety from Shumway.