Person catches fire in Iowa religious ceremony

Photo KWQC-TV 6 Davenport

BETTENDORF, Iowa - A person caught fire during a candlelight religious ceremony in Bettendorf Wednesday night.   


The family was celebrating a Hindu religious holiday, Festival of Lights with candles when one person caught fire, and a second person was burned trying to help the first.

Multiple emergency responders were at the home on Katie Lane in Bettendorf around 7 Wednesday  night.

Both were badly burned.  KWQC-TV 6 in Davenport reports one victim was flown to the University of Iowa Hospitals in Iowa City, the other was taken to a local hospital.

There's no update being made available on their conditions.

title

Content Goes Here