There's multiple holiday traditions that occur within the media each year. They include reporting the average cost of your Thanksgiving dinner and the true cost of the 12 days of Christmas. Happy holidays!
According to the PNC Christmas Price Index, fulfilling all those gifts for your true love will set you back about $39,094.93, which is a 1.2% increase from last year. Broken down by gift the costs are:
- A Partridge in a Pear Tree - $220.13
- Two Turtle Doves - $375
- Three French Hens - $181.50
- Four Calling Birds - $599.96
- Five Gold Rings - $750
- Six Geese-A-Laying - $390
- Seven Swans-A-Swimming - $13,125
- Eight Maids-A-Milking - $58
- Nine Ladies Dancing - $7,552.84
- Ten Lords-A-Leaping - $10,000
- Eleven Pipers Piping - $2,804.40
- Twelve Drummers Drumming - $3,038.10
Now if $39K sounds like a lot, imagine if you shelled out for the totality of the song. With all the repetitions it amounts to 364 gifts, for a total of $170,609.46.
Of course, if you are planning to only buy some of the items, there are discounts to be had. YOu'l lnotice that geese are much cheaper than swans. And there's savings in the numbers: ELEVEN pipers are cheaper than TWELVE drummers. However, if your true love knows the song, she's gonna know that you skimped on her.
The picture above? I could only afford two swans-a-swimming. You're welcome.