You KNOW how much I love music. I have a life-long passion for it and loves a variety of genres. In the era of CDs, one of my prize possessions was a complete collection of all of the 50s recordings by The King Of Rock 'N'Roll.
When I listen to Elvis at his peak, I sometimes find myself shaking my head in wonder at just how GOOD he was - legend says he would do a vocal take over-and-over until he felt it was absolutely perfect. I was honored to visit the Sun recording studios in Memphis recently and tour the place in which he first recorded.
People of all generations still LOVE Elvis. I credit that to streaming, which will keep legendary music popular in the future.
Yesterday would have been Elvis Presley’s 84th birthday and in celebration, NBC confirmed the lineup for their “Elvis All-Star Tribute,” which will air February 17th, hosted by Blake Shelton.
The show will include performances by Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Alessia Cara, Mac Davis. John Fogerty, Josh Groban, Adam Lambert, Little Big Town, Jennifer Lopez, Post Malone, Shawn Mendes, Pistol Annies, Darius Rucker, Ed Sheeran, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban and more.
The two-hour show will definitely feature some unique performances, including Keith and Post teaming for “Baby What You Want Me To Do,” Mendes taking on “Hound Dog,” Carrie Underwood and Yolanda Adams teaming for a gospel tribute and more. Check out the complete performance lineup below.
- “Trouble”/”Guitar Man” – Blake Shelton
- “Hound Dog” – Shawn Mendes
- “Baby, What You Want Me to Do” – Keith Urban & Post Malone
- “Burning Love” – Keith Urban
- “Jailhouse Rock” – John Fogerty
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” – Ed Sheeran
- “Always on My Mind” – Kelsea Ballerini
- “Heartbreak Hotel” – Jennifer Lopez
- “One Night” – Darius Rucker
- “Suspicious Minds” – Blake Shelton
- “Love Me Tender” – Alessia Cara
- “Memories” – Mac Davis
- “A Little Less Conversation” – John Legend
- “Are You Lonesome Tonight” – Little Big Town
- “Blue Suede Shoes” – Adam Lambert
- “Love Me” – Pistol Annies
- Hits Medley (“That’s All Right,” “Don’t Be Cruel,” “Blue Suede Shoes”) – Mac Davis, Post Malone, Little Big Town, Darius Rucker & Blake Shelton
- Gospel Medley (“How Great Thou Art,” “He Touched Me,” “You’ll Never Walk Alone”) – Carrie Underwood & Yolanda Adams
- “Little Sister” – Dierks Bentley
- “It’s Now or Never” – Josh Groban
- “If I Can Dream” – Elvis Presley, Carrie Underwood, Shawn Mendes, Post Malone, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton