Gas leak leads to explosion near Loras College in Dubuque

An explosion related to an earlier gas leak was the cause of a large fire along Loras Boulevard on Monday evening.

At around 4:00 p.m., the Dubuque Fire Department reported a gas leak in the 400 block of Loras Boulevard. Officials described it as an “isolated” leak from a gas main and that crews were arriving to begin repairs. One home was evacuated in the immediate area.

One firefighter was hurt, but the extend of his injuries is unknown at this time.

Fire department officials believe that the leak may have been related to construction activity in the area.

Photo courtesy of KCRG-TV 9.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content