INDEPENDENCE, Iowa - A man is facing more than 20 charges after being accused of breaking windows and doors at several businesses in Independence.
Police say 34-year-old Matthew Wilkinson committed the crimes Halloween night.
He was found and arrested the next day after officers say he tipped over a display case and stole cigarettes' from a Dollar General store.
A list Wilkinson's charges are below:
- Possession of Contraband in Correctional Institution (class D felony)
- Possession of Controlled Substance: Methamphetamine (serious misdemeanor)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (simple misdemeanor)
- Desecration of American Flag or Insignia (simple misdemeanor)
- One count Criminal Mischief 2nd Degree (class D felony)
- One count of Criminal Mischief 3rd Degree (aggravated misdemeanor)
- Five (5) counts of Criminal Mischief 4th Degree (serious misdemeanor)
- Seven (7) counts of Criminal Mischief 5th Degree (simple misdemeanor)
- One count of Theft 3rd Degree (aggravated misdemeanor)
- One count of Interference with Official Acts (simple misdemeanor)