(Des Moines, IA) -- Polk County voters approve a $65 million dollar Water and Land Legacy Bond renewal for water quality and flood mitigation projects. It will add about 11 dollars a year to the average property tax bill in Polk County.
Des Moines City Council
Eight people were running for three seats on the Des Moines City Council. The results:
- Indira Dixon Sheumaker will join the Des Moines City Council, defeating incumbent Bill Gray in Ward 1
- Josh Mandelbaum wins re-election in Ward 3
- Connie Boesen is re-elected as an At-large Council member, defeating Justyn Lewis 54% to 45%
Des Moines School Board
- Jackie Norris wins the At-Large race
- Kim Martorano defeats Shelly Skuster in District 1
- Jenna Knox and Teree Caldwell-Johnson win uncontested races
- Mark Holm will be the next mayor of Ankeny, defeating Michael Moore, 60%-40%.
- Kelly Witing and Joe Ruddy win the two Ankeny City Council races.
- Joy Burk, Trent Murphy and Sarah Barthole win seats on the Ankeny School Board.
- Deb Davis, Clint Davis and Derek Tidball are elected to the Johnston School Board.
- Rhonda Martin and James Evans win re-election to the City Council.
- Mayor Paula Dierenfeld wins re-election, unopposed.
- The Urbandale School board has three new members: Jason Menke, Jenny Meade and Rachel Kent.
- Urbandale Mayor Robert Andeweg is re-elected, without a challenger.
West Des Moines
- Russ Trimble is re-elected Mayor, unopposed.
- Renee Hardman and Kevin Trevillyan are re-elected and Doug Loots is elected to City Council.
- Lila Starr, Anadelia Morgan and Fannette Elliott are the top three in the School Board Election.
- Mike Jones defeats incumbent Mayor Dave Burgess, with more than 65% of the vote.
- Joseph Jones and Lauren Campbell win City Council At-Large seats.
More local election results are posted the Polk County Auditor's website CLICK HERE.