(Omaha, NE) -- No injuries are reported following a Friday morning house fire in south Omaha.
The Omaha Fire Department says crews were called to the home near 16th and H around 10:45. During the process of ventilating the structure, a fire was exposed within an area of common combustibles where a cooking appliance had been left unattended. The fire department says the occupants of the house had evacuated prior due to the smoke.
The cause of the fire after investigation was determined to be accidental due to cooking items left unattended and common combustibles stored too close to a cooking appliance.