(Omaha, NE) -- The City of Omaha says the first steps to prepare the W. Dale Clark Library site for demolition are beginning.
On Tuesday, Mayor Jean Stothert's office released a schedule of what changes will be coming during September and early October.
- Completed - Parking meters on 14th and 15th Streets, between Douglas and Farnam, on the east and west sides of the library are now hooded and unavailable
- Underway - South 15th Street between Douglas Street and Dodge Street is closed for sewer replacement. A sewer line that currently runs under the W. Dale Clark Library will be abandoned when the new construction is complete on or before December 1.
- September 12 - OPL begins move to the new Library Administrative Building (LAB) at 84th & Frederick
- September 19 - Jersey curbs will be placed on the streets surrounding the library.
- September 19 - Metro will close the bus stop on 14'" Street between Douglas and Farnam. While closed, Metro Route 13 riders can catch the bus at 14th & Dodge or 14th &Howard. The ORBT station at 14th and Douglas will move to an alternative ORBT stop at the bus shelter on the southwest corner of 16th & Douglas.
- September 23 - Library staff moves out of W. Dale Clark to the LAB
- September 26 - Removal of parking meters surrounding W. Dale Clark site
- October 1 - W. Dale Clark site turned over to Cox Contracting for demolition.
- October 3 - Power to the building will be turned off
- October 3 - OPL Genealogy Reading Room opens at the LAB.The Genealogy Reading Room will be open to the public: Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Friday and Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Sunday 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM.