In case you missed the latest episode, here are the individual segments (or you can listen to the full show using the iHeartRadio app):
- Full show (July 21, 2018)
- Segment 1: Emily Barske, news editor at the Marshalltown Times-Republican, with her first-hand account of riding out the tornado and getting the newspaper out the next morning despite the huge obstacles
- Segment 2: Hug a local journalist today. Most of them are out there busting their tails on behalf of the good in their local communities.
- Segments 3/4: Jay Cost's new book "The Price of Greatness" picks up where "Hamilton" (the musical) left off
- Segment 5: The week in technology, including a quirk in Google Translate that turns "dog dog dog dog dog" into a quasi-religious text
- Segment 6: The world's first test-tube baby turns 40 this week
- Segment 7: The President went to Helsinki, screwed up in a big way, and now the rest of us should probably think about joining NATO League clubs
- Segment 8: Want to make America great (again or otherwise)? Start with yourself.