Fall Tasks - Here are some things you can do before the first frost arrives!
- Bring in houseplants
- Don’t prune woody plants
- Do lawn maintenance
- Seed to fill in bare spots
- Core aerate
- Broadleaf weed control
- Create new garden beds or expand existing ones
Here are some things you can do just after that first frost
- Don’t clear cut the perennial border
- Clean up the Vegetable Garden
- Collect seed
Here are some things you can do until the ground freezes!
- Don’t rake leaves – mow them!
- Start a leaf mold pile
- Wrap trees
- Cage trees and shrubs
- Plant spring blooming bulbs
- Protect newly planted or easily frost-heaved perennials with extra mulch
- Consider mulching in the fall – especially bare spots
Seven Sons Flower - Heptacodium miconioides
The fruit of this small ornamental tree have beautiful calyces (sepal-like structures) look great right now in Aaron's yard!