Our Favorite Spring-Blooming Bulbs
These favorites should be planted in the fall.
- Tulips (Tulipa) Especially the species type which make better perennials
- Daffodils (Narcissus)
- Snowdrop (Galanthus)
- Grape Hyacinth (Muscari)
- Winter Aconite (Eranthis)
- Ornamental Onion (Allium)
- Crown Imperial (Fritillaria)
- Siberian Squill (Scilla siberica)
- Snowflake (Leucojum)
- Surprise Lily (Lycoris squamigera)
- Lily (Lilium) You can plant this one in spring or fall!
- Sicilian Honey Garlic (Nectaroscordium) This is on the line in hardiness in Iowa, so proceed with caution!
Tips for Forcing Bulbs To Bloom Indoors
Overwinter Tropical Plants
Here are the orchids under lights in Aaron's basement today.
Hopefully it helps see what type of set-up may work for you!