Listen as Max & Amy discuss the latest WalletHub survey listing the Most & Least Educated Cities in the US. The Des Moines/West Des Moines metro was included in the survey and ranked #55 among 150 of the largest metropolitan areas.
- They looked at 150 of the largest metropolitan areas, judging them on 11 factors in areas of educational attainment and quality of education and attainment gap.
- Those factors include share of adults 25 or older with a bachelor’s degree or higher, quality of public school system, quality of universities, gender education gap and more.
- With that in mind, Ann Arbor, Michigan is the Most Educated City in America, with a score of 94.02.
- It ranks number one for both education attainment and quality of education and attainment gap.
Top Ten Most Educated Cities in the U.S.
- Ann Arbor, MI
- San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
- Madison, WI
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA-NH
- Durham-Chapel Hill, NC
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- Austin-Round Rock, TX
- Provo-Orem, UT
Des Moines/West Des Moines falls in at #55
- As for the least educated city in the U.S., that would be Visalia, California, which scores only a 9.93 and is in the bottom five for both education attainment and quality of education and attainment gap.