Working on Halloween? Is your boss a monster? Listen to Max & Amy's conversation, sparked by a Metro UK article, that refers to LinkedIn's most "scary" workplace management styles.
Here they are - which one describes your boss? (Or...maybe, lucky for you, they are dressed up like an Angel?)
- The ghost boss. They give you little to no guidance, but expect you to do all the work on your own.
- The vampire boss. They message you about work all the time, including outside of work hours, and they expect you to reply, quickly.
- The trick or treat boss. Think of them like Jekyll and Hyde. One minute they’re calm and the next minute they can be angry or irrational You never really know what mood they’re in or what will set them off.
- The poltergeist boss. They move meetings and deadlines around silently and make edits to your work without giving you any sort of heads up.
- The micromanaging monster boss. They control every aspect of your work. They don’t let you make any decision or have ownership over any projects. Everything needs to be run by them.