DES MOINES, Iowa- Two Des Moines Central Campus High School students were treated today (Tuesday), after showing signs of a possible drug overdose. Police say it appears the teens got into prescription medication. One 16-year-old male was taken to the hospital, and an 18-year-old refused treatment, but police say his parents were going to take him to the hospital to be checked out. Both students are expected to be okay.
Des Moines Police Sergeant Paul Parezik says it's an example of why Student Resource Officers need to be versatile, be teachers and counselors and in this case participate and/or coordinate emergency medical services.