(Ames, IA) -- Iowa State University has released a statement after the death of a student. A body was found at an apartment complex at 425 Welch Avenue yesterday (Wednesday). An Autopsy willb e performed by the State Medical Examiner's Office. The individual's name has not been released. Police say there is no ongoing threat to the community.
Dear Iowa State Community,
We are saddened to learn of the death of an Iowa State University student who was found today at a Welch Avenue apartment complex off campus. This is a tragic loss, and our condolences are with the family and friends of the victim.
The Ames Police Department is leading the investigation and believes there is no ongoing threat to the community.
We know this news has caused members of our community to feel anxious. If you need assistance, the following resources are available for students on campus or at home for the summer:
- Student Counseling Services, For crisis debriefing, mental health and well-being supportive services, 515-294-5056
- Student Assistance, For support with academic needs, connections to campus and community resources, or unsure where to start, 515-294-1020
- Thielen Student Health Center, For mental health and well-being support, 515-294-5801
- Crisis Text Line, text “ISU” to 741741 (available 24/7)
- Personal safety tips and resources, including the ISU Guardian App and Safe Ride
Again, the Ames Police Department believes there is no ongoing threat to the community.
As we wait to learn more, we ask that everyone extend care and compassion to one another.