Iowa State University President Steven Leath has appointed a 19 member task force to review the student run VEISHEA celebration and make recommendations for its future.
Senior Vice President of Student Aggairs Tom Hill l will chair the task force which includes students, law enforcement representatives, faculty and city officials in Ames.
Tthe task force grew out of the incident earlier this month in which about two thousand students caused a disturbance in Ames on the first night of the VEISHEA celebration.
Leath the following day canceled the rest of the event.
The task force is to report its recommendations to Leath by the end of June.
He will then make the final decision regarding the future of the event.
The members of the task force are:
- Pamela Anthony, Dean of Students
- Ann Campbell, Mayor of Ames
- Bob Currie, director of facilities services, facilities planning and management
(P&S employee representative)
- Chuck Cychosz, chief of police, Ames Police Department
- Karl Kerns, 2014 Veishea general co-chair, senior in animal science
- Hillary Kletscher, 2014-15 Government of the Student Body president, junior in biological systems engineering
- Warren Madden, senior vice president for business and finance
- Sophia Magill, 2005 Iowa State alumna, assistant director of federal relations, 2004 GSB president (Magill served on executive committee of the 2004 Veishea task force)
- Nick Morton, 2014 Veishea general co-chair, senior in environmental science
- Micheal Owen, University Professor of agronomy, Faculty Senate representative and Veishea Advisory Council member
- Eric Peterson, 2007 Iowa State alumnus, 2006 Veishea general co-chair (the year Veishea was reinstated)
- Melissa Pierce, general manager, Campustown Property Management
- Barbara Pleasants, adjunct assistant professor of ecology, evolution and organismal biology, co-president of the South Campus Neighborhood Association
- Richard Reynolds, director of the Memorial Union and Veishea adviser
- Jerry Stewart, ISU police chief and director of the department of public safety
- Dwayne Vande Krol, JD, CPA, 1993 Iowa State alumnus, 2009-10 ISU Alumni Association board chair
- Pam White, College of Human Sciences dean and University Professor of food science and human nutrition
- Jeff Woody, graduate student in biomedical sciences, co-president of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee