Its Mother's Day!
Take mom shopping at a local nursery or greenhouse
- I suppose you could go to a big box store, but the local ones have interesting plants, better selection, better advice and interesting garden gifts.
Enjoy the beauty of a Public Garden with mom today!
- In the Des Moines area visit...
- the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden,
- Brenton Arboretum,
- Iowa Arboretum,
- the crabapples blooming in Water Works park (they are looking good right now!),
- the tulips in Pella (also looking very nice this weekend) or
- the butterflies and beautiful gardens at Reiman Gardens!
This Week at Reiman Gardens
Great Plants for Iowa Series
This series will allow participants to develop knowledge of the wide variety of garden plants that grow well in Central Iowa. Covering nearly 500 plants, these 16 classes are spread across several years. Each class focuses on identification, cultural requirements, and the use of the plants in gardens and the broader landscape. These classes are perfect for avid amateur gardeners and plant enthusiasts, aspiring horticulture professionals, horticulturists, garden designers, landscape architects seeking professional development, and Master Gardeners looking for continuing education credits. There are no prerequisites, and you are welcome to take one or all the classes each year.
Why I Hate Landscape Fabric
I must say, I read this and couldn't agree more. What do you think?