Well... not much, according to this study.
With the Trump administration proposing harsher penalties for drug offenders, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on the States with the Biggest Drug Problems in 2018 to highlight the areas that stand to be most affected.This study compares the 50 states and the District in terms of 20 key metrics, ranging from arrest and overdose rates to opioid prescriptions and meth-lab incidents per capita. You can find some highlights below.
Drug Abuse & Prevention in Iowa (1=Biggest Problem; 25=Avg.)
- 50th – Share of Teenagers Who Used Illicit Drugs in the Past Month
- 51st – Share of Adults Who Used Illicit Drugs in the Past Month
- 31st – Opioid Pain Reliever Prescriptions per Capita
- 47th – Drug Overdose Deaths per Capita
- 38th – Drug Arrests per Capita
- 44th – Share of Adults Who Needed but Didn’t Receive Treatment for Illicit Drug Use in the Past Year
- 42nd – Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities per 100,000 People (12 Years and Older) Using Illicit Drugs
To view the full report, please click here.