Not on your life!
With unprofitable coal and nuclear plants continuing to shut down amidst current administration support, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018's Most & Least Energy-Expensive States.
For a better understanding of Americans’ energy costs relative to their location and consumption habits, WalletHub compared the average monthly energy bills in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia using a special formula that accounts for the following residential energy types: electricity, natural gas, motor fuel and home heating oil.
Energy Consumption & Costs in Iowa (1=Most Expensive; 25=Avg.):
- Avg. Monthly Energy Bill: $277
- 27th – Price of Electricity
- 31st – Electricity Consumption per Consumer
- 41st – Price of Natural Gas
- 36th – Price of Motor Fuel
- 31st – Motor-Fuel Consumption per Driver