Here's a little Jeff philosophy for you: life is just what happens between meals.
I am detoxing from all the deliciousness of the Iowa State Fair currently (hello, salad for lunch!) but it won't be long before we launch into my favorite time of year - fall! Here's some great things about fall: jacket weather, college football, fall foliage, looking forward to holidays, and traditional fall food favorites.
Technically, it's not fall yet - but let's face it, Iowans consider the day after the State Fair to be the beginning of fall. And there are folks nationally who agree with us. The website "Delish" has already published "40 Fall-Flavored Things You Can Eat Right Now."
In case you don't have the patience to flip through all 40 slides, some highlights:
- Pumpkin Spice Cheerios
- Natural Bliss Maple flavor Almond milk creamer
- Thomas’s Pumpkin Spice Bagels
- And Philadelphia Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese to go with them
- Pumpkin Spice Jello
- Pumpkin wine
- Jif Maple Peanut Butter Spread
- Planters Pumpkin Spice Almonds
- Kraft Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows
- Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale
- Werther’s Caramel Apple Candies
- All kinds of pumpkin spice coffees and bottled PSL Frappuccinos
- Pumpkin Spice Kahlua
My only decision now is: when do I start? I had plenty of pork belly and deep-fried foods over my eleven days at the Iowa State Fair, so I should take a SLIGHT pause before beginning my fall bacchanalia...shouldn't I?