AMES, Iowa- An Ames man's been charged with an overnight convenience store robbery. Twenty-six-year-old Malcolm Canada is accused of robbing the Kum and Go at 111 Duff Avenue after 2 o'clock this (Tuesday) morning. Police say he pointed a gun at the clerk, demanded money and stole the clerk's wallet. Police found Canada on Main Street a short time later and arrested him after a short foot chase.
Canada's charged with:
· Robbery 1st degree, a class “B” felony
· Felon in Possession of a Firearm, a class “D” felony
· Theft 4th degree, a serious misdemeanor
· Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, a simple misdemeanor
· Interference with Official Acts, a simple misdemeanor
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the Ames Police Department at 239-5133 or the anonymous tip line 239-5533.