Careless Smoking Causes Two Omaha Fires

Omaha Fire investigators say a fire along 40th Street between Chicago and Cass Streets was accidentally caused by smoking materials.

Omaha Fire says several people were home at the time of the Monday afternoon fire, but no injuries were reported.

The fire spread from a deck into the rear wall of the home, but was quickly extinguished by firefighters.

Investigators say a small apartment fire near 92nd and Grant Streets in Omaha Monday morning was also caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette.

(Picture from Getty Images)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content