South Omaha Fire Ruled Accidental

Omaha Fire investigators say careless disposal of the wood chips from a propane smoker grill caused a Fourth of July fire at a house in South Omaha.

Arriving firefighters found smoke and fire coming from the deck of the house south of 13th and Atlas Streets Monday evening.

The fire spread to the interior of the structure, and it took about 15 minutes to bring under control.

The fire department says everyone escaped safely, there were no injuries;

(Picture from Omaha Fire)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content