Omaha Fire investigators say the separate fires at two houses being renovated had the same accidental cause: improperly discarded staining rags.
Late Wednesday night, firefighters went to a house near 165th Avenue and Polk Streets and reported smoke and a fire, which they quickly put out.
The house was vacant and under restoration at the time of the fire.
Investigators say a firefighter suffered a minor injury at the scene.
Earlier in the day, a similar type of fire happened at a house being renovated at at 25th and Pinkney.
(Picture from Omaha Fire Department)