56 Unit Apartment Evacuated In Ames Due To Carbon Monoxide Leak

(Ames, IA) -- Ames fire crews evacuated a 56 unit apartment building to due a carbon monoxide leak Sunday afternoon.

The Ames Fire Department found high CO levels in the apartment in the 4700 Block of Mortensen Road.

Crews went door-to-door to make sure everyone got out.

One person fell ill, but paramedics helped them recover at the scene.

Residents were able to return to the units after maintenance fixed a broken vent pipe in one of the boilers.

Carbon monoxide detector

Photo: Kameleon007 / iStock / Getty Images

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content