Fire Started From Ashes In Cedar Rapids

(Cedar Rapids, IA) -- A garage and two cars are a total loss after a fire in Cedar Rapids.

According to police, the Cedar Rapids Fire Department responded to reports of a fire at around 8:30 p.m. Sunday in the 6800 block of Boxwood Ln. NE.

Upon arrival, crews discovered a garage fully engulfed in flames.

Crews were able to extinguish flames in a detached garage before it spread to other homes in the vicinity.

Firefighters say the cause of the fire was from improperly disposed ashes.

No injuries were reported.

Fire Line

Photo: TheDman / E+ / Getty Images

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content