Omaha Fire Accidental In Nature

Omaha Fire Investigators say an apartment fire near 18th and Nicholas Streets was accidentally caused by careless use of smoking materials.

Firefighters pulling up to the scene Sunday evening saw smoke coming from a first-floor apartment.

They say the fire was quickly put out, and there were no injuries as firefighters helped some people evacuate, while others had already left before firefighters arrived.

A cat was also rescued.

(Picture from Omaha Fire Department)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content