Fire damages Ames, Iowa four-plex

AMES, Iowa- An Ames resident is recovering from smoke inhalation, after an apartment fire. Crews were called around midnight to a four-plex apartment building, at 1322 Harding Avenue.. Firefighters arrived and found heavy smoke in the stairwell, and quickly put out a kitchen fire.

Officials say fire caused about 10-thousand dollars in damage.

One occupant of the unit was treated and released from Mary Greeley Medical Center for smoke inhalation.

Officials say the fire was accidental, and smoke detectors worked properly.

The Ames Fire Department reminds all residents to check smoke detectors monthly. This will ensure they are operating correctly and will provide early warning in case of a fire. Also, please keep cooking areas free of combustible material.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content