An old tire collection effort will be at the Sarpy County Fairgrounds in Springfield on September 9th from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The collection is for Sarpy County residents only.
- Sarpy County residents must bring a driver’s license or most recent utility bill for proof of residence.
- There is no limit on the number of tires residents can bring to the collection.
- Residents are asked to have a tire count at the time of check-in.
- Rims or tubes are not allowed;
- Unloading of tires will not be provided;
- Dealers or resellers are not allowed;
- Residents are asked to enter the Sarpy County Fairgrounds at Main Street and Railroad and exit at South Gate and Pflug Road.
The tire collection is funded by a grant from the Nebraska Department of Environment & Energy.
For more information, you can contact the Papio-Missouri River Natural Resources District at 402-444-6222 or go to www. papionrd.org
The effort is a partnership between the N-R-D, Sarpy County, and the Sarpy County Fair Board.
(Picture from Getty Images)